JOIN OUR GOOGLE CLASSROOM because we can’t use REMIND (most up-to-date info and current hours info will be available there…) class code: 13eyxf
Meeting expectations - You must attend at least 1 meeting per month. If you miss a month, you must attend two the following month (one can be an officer’s meeting)
Logging Hours, Contracts and Dues (Natalia)
- Contracts and dues are due today!
- Need 4 hours by Nov 10th (this friday)
- If you have not gotten them in they are due as soon as possible!
- If you miss too many meetings, or if you don’t earn the hours you need for a marking period, you will be placed on “probation” YOU ARE NOT INSTANTLY KICKED OUT OF THE SOCIETY.
- You need to have a conversation with Mrs. Roemer about how this will be resolved before the next timeframe (hours timeframe is marking period, meetings timeframe is monthly) If the issue repeats itself the following timeframe, you may be removed from the club (but will receive official notice from Mrs. Roemer or an officer… not just someone coming up to you in the hallway telling you you’ve been kicked out of the club
ANIMAL FITNESS POSTERS
- Design and paint a plastic poster that encourages kids to act out the physical movements of an animal
- “Flap your wings like a bird”
- “Hop like a frog”
- We have 10 posters total
- “Flap your wings like a bird”
- We’ll paint them after school next wednesday and thursday. Sign up on signupgenius
Johns Hopkins Mural Design
- Create a design for a mural going up at Johns Hopkins Health Care Center!
- Design is due November 14th
- Pick up a template at the end of the meeting if you’re interested -- should reflect the mission/vision of Johns Hopkins. Spend approx 2 hours creating your design (add color if possible)
- We will be going to New York with the Drama dept. Fri March 23rd to Sat March 24th.
- We will be visiting two museums and two broadway shows!
- The price varies from $550 to $500 depending on how many people sign up.
- The trip also includes Coach Busses, Central Park, overnight Accommodations, breakfast & Dinners Paid for and overnight security guard in the hotel
- A $100 deposit is due on November 7th to reserve your place
- There will be SEVERAL fundraisers to help reduce the costs!
- Adopt-an-Artist shirts (get a cut from the shirts you sell)
- Popcorn sales: WE ARE NOW SELLING POPCORN, get more information at the end of the meeting!
- Paint Nite in Dec(sell tickets, earn extra if you help teach the class!)
- Teacher Portraits (earn $$ for selling your skills!)
- And more
- POPCORN sales have begun - if you haven’t gotten a packet, see Roemer @ the end of the meeting
- We will have a juried exhibition at Paradise Donuts
- Submit your artwork for the competition (to go on display) DUE BY THIS FRIDAY
- Fundraiser for the NYC trip/NAHS
- Hours opportunity for all members! (5 hrs if you’re not going on NYC trip, 2.5 if you’re going on NYC trip)
- Dec 9th, 8a-1pm (actual event runs from 10-12)
- Sign up to work the event!
- If you have any please pass them forward, they are due now
- Voting will commence at the conclusion of the meeting
- If you signed up, please follow the link sent to the email you submitted to choose the portrait you are doing
- We’d like those portraits to be done by next week so we can start figuring out the selling piece!
THINGS YOU NEED TO DO!
- submit your contract and member dues to an officer, they are due today!
- sign up for activities to earn at least 4 hrs before Nov 10th (end of 1st MP)
- Join our Google Classroom!
- Log any individual hours you’ve earned (either via Google Classroom, or our team website)
OPTIONAL THINGS TO DO!
- Design a potential mural for Johns Hopkins! (earn 2 hours for a finished design)
- Turn in your $100 or contract to hold your spot for our epic trip to New York!
- Make a prototype for our teacher portrait fundraiser (talk to Roemer)
- Submit artwork by this Friday for the Paradise Donuts juried exhibition!
CLUB WEBSITE: NCHSNAHS.WEEBLY.COM
NEXT MEETING: NOV 21st DURING KNIGHT TIME
GOOGLE CLASSROOM CLASS CODE: 13eyxf